Again I am no expert in the field of fitness. In fact I refer to myself as a constant work in progress. That's why General Mills sought me out and I partnered with Yoplait Yogurt to talk to women about living the most optimum healthy lifestyle they can lead. I love chocolates and pizza but I also have health concerns that make me keep those things to a limit. So all I can give you is what works for me but it is no gospel. Find what works for you. Seek help from a wellness doctor or physician and don't forget... It's not the size that matters. If your a voluptuous woman and you have no health issues, be big, beautiful and celebrate your body. If you have health issues then understand there are many people who love and need you. Please...LIVE.
- I limit sugars and starches.
- Crash diets don't work. You muscles have memory and so does fat. If you don't do it by exercise and eating right it may come back with a vengeance.
- I try to eat 6 small meals a day
- Pack a bag. I keep snacks in my car and purse always. Nuts, apples, Yoplait that I froze the night before so when I'm ready for my snack it's still cold, etc.
- Water, water, water...
- Make exercise "your time" this is when I zone the world out.
- Make exercise fun! Mix it up. Don't do the same routine over and over. I mix boxing with ballet or yoga with weight training or biking with calisthenics.
- Record what you eat. It makes you take responsibility. They're are great apps that one can find that are easy to use.
- When I do cardio I usually try to coincide it with my favorite show on TV or set the DVR and catch up on what I missed. Makes the time speed past. If that doesn't work I get on the phone with Tasha Smith or my mom.
- Work out with a friendYou must be logged in to post comment.